SBI Clerks Recruitment 2018 Notification for 8301 vacancies of Junior Associate posts, To apply these vacancies, you will have to log on to sbi.co.in.
The Preliminary level examination for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 is going to be held in the month March-April 2018 and the Main Examination on 12 May 2018.
News: SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 Notification PDF has been released formally. Application procedure starts on 20 January 2018 and is going to close on 10 Feb 2018.
Latest Update: Online registration for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 application has been activated and here are a few updates:
Applicants with a graduation degree in any discipline and in 20 to 28 year age group are eligible to apply online for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 in the recruitment process of Junior Associate vacancies.
- SBI Clerk 2018 Recruitment Notification
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 – Tentative Dates
- Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerks 2018 Application Form
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 Application Form
- SBI Clerk 2018 Syllabus
- SBI Clerk Exam Admit card 2018
- SBI Clerk Result 2018
- SBI Clerk Exam 2018 Cut off Marks (Expected)
SBI Clerk 2018 Recruitment Notification
SBI is one of the banks in the country, that performing well each financial year and expanding its base further.
Following are the important points in the Notification
- Name of position: SBI Clerk (Junior Associate).
- Total vacancies: 8301.
- Age permissible: 20 to 28 years.
- Educational Qualification: Graduation.
- Dates of the Examination: March-April 2018.
- Bank: The State Bank of India (SBI).
- Website: sbi.co.in.
As per the notification, the initial emoluments of an SBI Clerk/Junior associate in a metropolitan city are close to Rs 23,600 and vary across the places of posting.
The Notification and application procedure details are going to be announced. Applicants can find in local new dailies’, online news, employment News/Rojgar Samachar and other media.
There will be 8,300 SBI Clerk 2018 vacancies in the country and the details are as given here. Following is the individual State breakup of vacancies.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 – Tentative Dates
Schedule of SBI Clerks 2018 Examination are as follows:
- SBI Clerk Online Application Form will be available from – 20th Jan 2018.
- Closing date for Online Application Form – 10th Feb 2018.
- The issue of SBI Clerk Admit Card for Preliminary Examination – March 2018.
- Date of SBI Clerk Preliminary Examination – March-April 2018.
- SBI Clerk Preliminary Examination Result – April 2018.
- An issue of SBI Clerk Main Examination Admit Card – May 2018.
- SBI Clerk Main Exam date – 12th May 2018.
- SBI Clerk Main Exam Result – July 2018.
- Declaration of Final SBI Clerk Result – August 2018.
The whole process of recruitment examination comprises the Preliminary and Main levels. These examinations are held online mode. Applicants must clean both the examinations with the standard as may be fixed by the Bank. Following these two level examination Group Discussion (GD) test.
When the applicant clears GD, the next level is Personal Interview test. The final result is to be declared in September.
The online examination is conducted in two languages, namely English and Hindi. Questions will be set in no other languages. Applicants must be proficient in either of the languages. Each question in both level examinations carries one or more marks. Wrong answers are awarded negative marks. Therefore, applicants must be when making the clicks.
Also Apply: SBI PO 2018 Recruitment
A few important queries
Query: Is there going to be any negative marking in SBI Clerks Recruitment Examination 2018?
Answer: Yes. 25% of marks allotted for each question are deducted for each wrong answer from the final marks that an applicant secures in SBI Clerks Recruitment Examination 2018.
Query: Is the time allowed for fixed for each section in SBI Clerks Recruitment Examination 2018?
Ans: Yes. Each section both in Preliminary and the Main levels of SBI Clerks Recruitment Examination 2018 is allotted a fixed duration. This fixed time for each section has been introduced by State Bank of India from this year.
As the biggest bank in the public sector, State Bank of India recruits for more than a thousand posts creating a large number of job opportunities in the country each year. In 2018, the top bank in the country is recruiting at both PO and Clerical level amounting to 14,000 vacancies. State Bank of India is going to recruit thousands of recent pass-outs as well as experienced graduates from across the country. The State Bank of India Probationary Officers and Clerks recruitment happens once a year. And, this is also the time when the Bank conducts recruitment for different posts from among graduates throughout the country.
As the Bank is conducting the examination online, applicants conversant with computer operating skills will have a little edge over those who don’t have this skill. However, mere operational knowledge will do for the exam. The much more important thing is to prepare well for the examination. To successfully come out, an applicant has to qualify in each section individually at both Preliminary as well as Main levels of the recruitment examination. The examination tests the general ability of the applicant with respect to reasoning and computer knowledge, a mathematical computational ability such as arithmetic, general awareness of the social and economic conditions, and knowledge of English language. Preparing in a planned manner coupled with a great deal of practice for each section of the whole recruitment examination will help a lot.
There is ample time, and applicants should stay focused. Don’t lose nerves because the changes made in the syllabus instead practice more intensively. Practice helps improve your speed and accuracy – critical for success in the examination. We advise you to go to the following strategy.
SBI Clerk 2018: Application Fee
- General Category – Rs. 600/-
- SC/ST/OBC – Rs. 100/-
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerks 2018 Application Form
An applicant must be aged not more than 28 as on 01 Jan 2018, and the minimum age just not be less than 20 years as on aforementioned date. That is, they must not be born before 02 April 1990.
Relaxation in age limit
- SC/ST – 5 years.
- OBC – 5 Years.
- SC/ST – 15 years.
- OBC – 13 years.
- General (Open) – 10 years.
Ex-Servicemen, SSC Officers, Emergency Commissioned Officers and other commissioned officers, those have served the armed forces for not less than five years and have completed the assignments or having been discharged because of disability or any other kind of ineligibility.
An applicant must have completed a graduate degree before first July 2018. Applicants who completed graduation under 10+2+3 are eligible. Also, those who are going to sit for the examinations and waiting are also eligible to apply. Such applicants must prove their eligibility on or before 01 July 2018.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 Application Form
- SBI Clerks Recruitment 2018 application is going to be available from 20 January to 10 Feb 2018 on the official webpage of SBI https://www.sbi.co.in/. On the webpage, go to announcement heading, where you can get the application form of the examination.
- Registration for the SBI Clerk online registration is going on from 20th Jan 2018. Applicants must submit their applications online made alone on or before the last date.
- The applicant should read the instructions furnished on the webpage carefully and then fill in the detail correctly. Details such as name, the address of communication, email, contact details, email id, etc. are to be entered.
- After entering the details, click on the ‘save and next’ to go to the following page. Here you need to upload your passport sized photograph with signature. Thpictureph should not exceed 50kb in, and the signature not exceeds 20 kb.
- After uploading the photograph with signature, click on the ‘submit’ button for submission for registration. A registration number is generated. The registration number should appropriately save for a reference in future. A print-out of the application should be taken and preserved for future reference.
SBI Clerk 2018 Syllabus
It’s important to note that the syllabus for SBI Junior Associate Recruitment Preliminary Examination has been revised. This includes allotting fixed duration of time to each section (20 minutes) in the Preliminary, and there won’t be any minimum qualifying marks individually for the sections. It’s therefore, takes note of the changes in the syllabus and prepare for the examination. The Preliminary test will have a maximum of 100 marks, and the main exam will be of 200 marks. All questions in Preliminary and Main tests are going to be set in English and Hindi, except English language section.
In this section, an applicant has to solve 30 questions in 20 minutes. This time you must spend all the 20 minutes for English unlike in the previous pattern of the examination. Therefore, the application should attempt correctly the greatest number of question. If your English is poor, practice reading comprehension. Here you can apply for your common sense to arrive at the right option. Also focus cloze test, which tests grammar.
Reasoning Ability is a tougher challenge, though applicants will have 20 minutes to devote to the section the questions being tough the given time limit might not be enough.
However, with consistent practice is likely to improve speed. Try to attempt the maximum number of questions taking care of time (the minimum duration).
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
As the bank has narrowed the time limit for this section to 20 minutes, applicants find the test might be grueling.
QA section demands hard work, and an applicant can spend the allotted 20 minutes to solve a maximum of 35 question. Focus first on questions in approximation, simplification, quadratic equations, number series – this helps solve the maximum number in a minimum number of minutes. Questions on arithmetic (time & work, time & distance, simple & compound interest, etc.) are time-consuming.
Each correct answer will bring one mark and each wrong answer, 25% of the marks allotted for the question are deducted.
SBI Clerk Exam Admit card 2018
Admit card for SBI Clerks Recruitment Examination 2018 is going to be an issue to applicants for both Preliminary and Main Examination. The probable date of available date is 10 March 2018.The main examination will happen on 12 May 2018, and applicants can get the admit card from the closing week of April 2018.
How to download SBI clerk recruitment examination 2018 admit card?
- Log in to sbi.co.in and click on careers section.
- Choose download SBI clerk call letter (preliminary examination).
- Enter details such as Registration Number/Roll Number and Date of Birth/Password.
- Click on the submit button and obtain print-out of the admit card for the exam. Admit cards will be issued ten days preceding the exam and can be downloaded from the official website.
Pre-exam training is going to be conducted in 5 days before the exam date at different places in the country and is offered at no cost. Applicants will have to make their boarding and lodging arrangements for the purpose. Pre-exam admit card can be downloaded from the closing week of March.
SBI Clerk Result 2018
The SBI Clerk Prelim results are to be declared in April 2018. Applicants having passed this exam will be eligible for sitting for the Main examination. The results will be displayed on the official website of the Bank. To know the result of SBI Clerk, an applicant will have to log into the site with registration number and password.
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 Cut off Marks (Expected)
Cut-off marks are determined according to the number vacancies in each state. Sometimes there might be confusion regarding cut-off score because it varies across states. But each candidate must get the passing score to go the next level.
Cut off for the exam may be as follows
- General – 6.75.
- OBC/SC/ST/Others – 3.5.
- General – 5.5.
- OBC/SC/ST/Others – 2.2.
- General – 6.75.
- OBC/SC/ST/Others – 3.25.