SBI Clerk 2018 Syllabus for Prelims and Mains Exam: One has to have a clear idea about SBI Clerk syllabus 2018 before you start your preparation. State Bank of India has released the notification on its official website. The candidates are requested to start their preparation. Contender should make sure that they thoroughly understand SBI Clerk Syllabus so that they can plan and prioritize their studies to score the best in SBI Clerk 2018. This syllabus will help them to prepare an accurate time-table where you can allocate adequate time for every section of SBI clerk exam. Below are the details provided regarding syllabus and exam pattern?
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Preliminary and Mains Exam
The first round is (preliminary examination) which will be conducted in the last week of March and second round of exam is (main examination) is on 12th May 2018. We present you the pattern and syllabus which will, in turn, help you to plan your studies for exams.
It is advised for the applicant to take few online tests, where you can apply time management skills and also refer SBI Clerks books to get the best preparation.
SBI PO Syllabus 2018 Mains and Prelims Examination.
In order to get selected within the cut-off marks, the aspirants are required to be prepared completely.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The candidate would be provided with one hour of time to complete their exam; this exam is divided into three sections and each for every section the time has distributed accordingly. Please find the details below.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Min|
It is mandatory for the entire candidate to clear the cutoff score in order to appear for Main Exams.
The outcome for SBI Prelims exams is usually to be out in the month of June 2018.
SBI Clerk Main Exam Pattern
The Main exam is divided into four segments as charted below. The parts are again separately timed, and the overall duration is about 2 hours 40 minutes.
|Name of Test||Question||Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|General/financial awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
The same as above candidates have to pass in each section so that they can move on to the 3rd interview.
Applicants much have observed that three section of SBI Clerk is same in Preliminary and Main as well. Only two additional sections are there in Main exams, that is General/financial awareness and Reasoning Ability.
Section-wise Important Topics
Here we will give you a brief idea of SBI clerk syllabus 2018 and important topic for every section.
Topics related to Numerical Ability (Quantitative Aptitude)
This section is completely depending on basic mathematical knowledge of class 10th. It would easy for the candidate if they are good at remembering formulas and practicing it on a daily basis, Please find the topics in the below table –
- Quadratic Equation.
- Number series.
- Time and work.
- Time, speed and distance.
- Profit and Loss.
- Ratio and proportion.
- Simple and compound interest.
- Number System.
- Surds and Indices.
- Boats and streams.
- Permutation and combination.
- Mixtures and Allegations.
- Pipes and Cisterns.
- Data Interpretation-Tables, pie charts, Line graphic etc.
Vital Topic for Reasoning Ability
These set of questions will test your ability to resolve verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions. A daily practice can make a candidate master in this.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Statement and argument.
- Statement and assumption.
- Assertion and Reasoning.
- Circular and Liner sitting arrangement.
- Blood Relations.
- Coding and Decoding.
- Directions and distance.
- Order and ranking.
- Coded Inequalities.
Main Topic for General English
This section looks into basic writing and reading skills of English language; candidate should be good at Basic English grammar to easily clear this round.
- Vocabulary-Antonyms and Synonyms.
- Basic English grammar-Tenses, preposition, Articles, Verb Agreement, parts of speech and etc.
- Error Spotting.
- Phrases and Idioms.
- Spell check.
- Fill in the blank.
- Cloze test.
- Reading comprehension.
- Sentence rearrangement or Para jumble.
- Sentence completion.
Topics of General Awareness
Applicants who have a habit of the reading newspaper every day will have a smooth experience while answering these section of questions.
- Current Affairs-Awards, books and author, sports, technology, National and international, Events, Defence, Summits and etc.
- Economic News.
- Indian Constitution.
- Banking Awareness – History, RBI Guidelines, Banking Terms, Abbreviations, etc.
- Financial Awareness- Railway Budget, Union Budget.
Subjects for Computer Aptitude
Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software is more than enough to finish this set of questions.
- Computer fundamentals and terminology, Memory storage, Input and output devices etc.
- Internet and networking.
- Operating system.
- Computer abbreviation.
- Basic security concept.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
Some basic and General Rules of SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
- Candidates can qualify the exam by securing passing marks in all the section.
- For both the phrases of exams have the time allotted for each section, the applicant should give their best to complete in their specified time.
- The questions will be given in bilingual (English and Hindi) except for general English.
- For the main exam, there will negative marking for objective type question, like 1/4th mark will get deducted for any wrong answer.
- The test is completely an objective type of questionnaire and will consist of all objective questions.
- An applicant who has produced their 10th mark sheet with any official language will not be subjected to any of the language tests. If the applicant has not studied local language in 10th or 12th will be subjected to the language test.
Benefits of knowing SBI Clerk Syllabus
- The SBI Clerk syllabus supports candidate to plan their preparation for the SBI exam. Here a detailed outline which mentions the whole topic which is asked in the exam. The questions are mounted over the topic which is covered in the SBI Clerk 2018 syllabus.
- Candidate can keep a record of their preparation by marking the topic, which will give a clear picture what has to be learned and referred at the end for complete preparation.
- An applicant can easily understand which topic is tough for them, so they can get hold of it first and learn it while the easy topics can be referred later.
- It helps you with the subject and topics.